Once Spend has detected that you've made a purchase, a purchase card will automatically show up with the purchase value, merchant information, card details, and category. At this point, additional notes can be added and the card can be classified.
The primary classification categories with Spend is whether the purchase was for business (swipe right) or for personal (swipe left).
A simple swipe across the screen in either direction classifies the purchase.
- Make a mistake? Tap on the Undo button at the bottom right of the screen and the purchase card will reappear for classification.
- Once classified, purchases will move onto the web dashboard, where they can be edited and reported on
The Spend Web Dashboard primary classification categories are business and personal . Unclassified drives will show the icons for both categories. To classify, click the respective classification icon in the purchases list or in the purchase details panel.
To select a custom purpose:
- Select a purchase by clicking the checkbox to the left of the purchases list.
- Once selected, the purchase details panel will appear to the right of the purchase list.
- Click on the custom purpose drop down menu, then click the desired custom purpose.
- Click “Done” to save the classification.
You can classify multiple purchases at a time by selecting more than one purchase and following the classification steps above.